IVF Medical Travel in Greece
Greece is a very popular place to travel to for IVF treatment because of its laws, prices and high success rates. Many couples also come to Greece because egg donation is anonymous plus the cost of IVF and Egg Donation in Greece is more reasonable than in most of other countries.
For example in the US is four times more expensive, in the UK is twice as costly, and a three times the price for similar treatment with a donated egg in Australia. Many of the clinics in Greece have high IVF success rates and the law is on the couple's side.
Usually patients need to stay in Greece around 10-15 days for their treatment, but we also have patients that stay here the full term of their pregnancy in order for us to monitor them during that time and give birth in Greece. We are able to arrange your travel and stay during the time you will be having your treatment.
The law in Greece on IVF and Egg Donations is
- The age of the woman undergoing IVF treatment must be under 50 years old
- Single women are allowed to undergo IVF
- If a couple is not married then notarial deed needs to be signed by the male partner that agrees to the treatment and will be the legal father of the offspring.
- Egg donation and Sperm donation is anonymus
- Sex selection is not allowed but there can be exemptions only if there are medical reasons
- Surrogacy is allowed but requires a special judicial permit.
- No financial transaction is allowed except from paying for the expenses of the surrogate mother
- Cloning for reproductive purposes is prohibited
- Donors must be screened undergo clinical and psychological tests in order to be accepted to donate eggs or sperm
- IVF units are also obliged to comply with the European Tissue Directive which has been in force since 2008
If you are looking for a medical center outside your country, with state of the art laboratories and equipment, highly experienced personnel then contact us. We will arrange for a free consultation, through Skype or in person - if you visit Greece - in order to answer all your questions about In Vitro Fertilization and Egg Donation in Greece